Ask Your Gardener, Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to plant a tree or shrub? Here is our link for planting a tree or shrub.
2. What are your hours? We are open March to December 23. Monday through Saturday, 8 am to 5 pm, Sundays, 11 am to 4 pm. (starting in April open on Sundays) January -February by appointment.
3. Do you offer design services? Yes, we offer on the spot designing as well as extensive design services. On-the-spot designing involves bringing in pictures of your project and dimensions. We can show you some options with your spacing and sun/shade requirements. If you would like a more detailed drawing, Scott can help you with this type of service, just give us a call or stop by for a consultation appointment.
4. Do you identify insects or plant issues? Yes, please bring your insect or plant in a sealed clear bag or jar. This ensures your insect or plant arrives safely and we can identify them easily.
5. Where are you located? We are at 27358 Old Valley Pike, Toms Brook, VA 22660. Directions are here.
6. Do you carry mulch, soil, and amendments or stone? Yes, we have them in bulk and in bags. We carry shredded hardwood mulch, Leafgro Compost, Topsoil, and Sand in bulk by the scoop and in bags. We also have pine nuggets, potting soil, and planting mix in bags. We have a full line of Pennsylvania Flagstone and fieldstone. Available by the piece or pallet.
A distributor for Eagle Bay, CST Pavers and Anchor Wall Products, we can help you with all of your DIY or custom projects.
7. Do you take cash, credit cards, or checks? Yes, we accept ATM/Debit Cards, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. We will accept your check with a valid driver's license and phone number. Remember, Cash is still King!
8. What zone are we in? Depending where you live, most of us are in zone 6. If you live towards Fairfax area then, you are in zone 7. Areas to the west, could be zone 5. If you are not sure, give us a call or check out the USDA zone chart.
9. Do you deliver? Yes! We deliver anything that we carry. Bulk goods, trees, shrubs, stone products. Even if you need a dish garden of flowers delivered to a friend or loved one for a special occasion.
10. Can't find something, let us find it for you! Want something special and cannot locate it, please let us help you find it. We have a number of locally owned growers and supply companies that we can find almost anything you can think of!